BusinessGreen is committed in the journey to becoming more sustainable. By using the guidelines set out by Ecovadis, we will be working towards the accreditation. The goal is to reduce paper consumption across events and improve recycling rates, curb food waste and alter menus with an aim to include locally sourced, organic produce. We have also committed to deliver carbon offsetting at events wherever possible and provide delegates with accessible venues. We will be closely evaluating each event and considering how we can improve in the following areas; energy, transport, water usage, recycling, economic and local environment/community.
Leonardo Royal Hotel London St Paul’s
Business Green carefully select event partners and suppliers who align with our sustainability values. Leonardo’s was the first hotel group in the UK to be awarded Gold by Green Tourism and they’ve invested £300,000 in sustainable technologies since 2009. If you’d like to know more about Leonardo Royal Hotel St Paul’s sustainable practices, visit their website: https://www.leonardohotels.co.uk/positive-impact/environment
- reducing its energy consumption and associated greenhouse gas in particularly CO2 emissions.
- encouraging participation to educate associates and guests in sustainable business best practices and support positive action in the community where possible.
- working with suppliers who have good environmental policies to reduce packaging waste and improve the environmental impact of all products purchased.
- reducing pollution and encouraging our hotels to promote our commitment to the wider community that may encourage greater participation.
- ensuring that our Business meets the minimum requirements in environmental law in the country and that we comply with legal duties regarding waste management.
- openly communicating our policies and best practices to stakeholders and the public and monitor and review our environmental performance annually.
Progress in the last 10 years:
- Introduced biodegradable straws in all of Leonardo Hotels UK and Ireland in 2018 to cut down on plastic consumption.
- cut energy use by 9%
- cut water consumption by 13%
- reduced CO2 emissions by 20%
- cut energy use by 10% per room
- reduce water consumption to 250 litres per room sold
Printing with - Insite Graphics
To know more please visit https://www.insitegraphics.co.uk/about/environmental-policy/
- Reducing our use of non-recyclable PVC and difficult to recycle foam boards by 10% in 2020-2021
- Joining a carbon neutral scheme to offset the fuel used by our vehicles of Euro 6 compliant vehicles
- Rooting our business in the local community by adding a local charity or project to our business charitable giving
- We stock recycled paper and FSC accredited paper products which comes from sustainably managed forests
- Energy saving devices built in to our production equipment and PC’s Low energy fluorescent lighting
- We recycle paper and cardboard waste through a specialist waste stream along with general ‘recyclables’